Job opening full-time Hospitality Host
For our high-end boutique hotel we are looking for a full time Host!
The Amsterdam Canal Hotel is looking for a passionate and representative employee, which enjoys interacting with guests and colleagues. As a host, you work in different sections of the hotel, although the focus will mostly be on Rooms Division: the receiving and checking in of our guests, the processing of international reservations, and coordinating the housekeeping team. In addition, you will occasionally be asked to join the F&B department.
What to do?
- Be the first contact for guests, give them a warm and safe welcome, and maintain the hotel’s cleanliness and general appearance.
- Checking guests in and out, and supporting guests by giving out required information during their entire stay.
- Perform various activities in the bar, such as preparing and serving breakfast, and preparing the bar for the evening.
- Together with the team, make sure that the hotel is always tidy and clean, and meets the pre-set quality requirements.
- Monitoring and checking the cashier, including the doing and documenting of payments, and to be responsible for this during the hand-over of shifts.
- Coordinating the housekeeping team through the remarks in the reservation system.
- Have complete control of the procedures in the reservation system, and from there be able to propose tasks and to prioritize tasks.
- Perform administrative work on preparing check-ins, and documenting and filing different documents.
- Sending multiple e-mails before, during and after a guest’s stay.
- Being able to process reservations by e-mail, phone, or on-site.
Who to be?
- At least a completed degree in hospitality or tourism
- Demonstrable experience in hospitality is a requirement
- Fluent in English in word and writing is a requirement
- Optimistic, friendly and approachable
- Stress-proof and patient
- Independent and assertive
Interested? Please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.